Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 9



































I have finally finished my new shoes! I've learned a lot already and these ones feel a lot sturdier. This time I lined the leather with canvas, added a 'shank' for support (a thin strip of aluminum that I cut from an old eavestrough), added an extra layer of rubber sole and sealed it all in with a thin strip of leather all around the edge
(a 'rand', I'm told). So far this has all been gleened from books, the internet, trial and error, word of mouth and common sense. I think my next step will be to get some expert advice.



















6 comments:

  1. the shoes look freaking awesome! and i'm completely smitten with your white coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite day so far, may be it is the white laces that make the odd composition/compilation perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE everything.
    So when will these all be for sale??
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Fluevog, watch out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shoes! especially the heel toe isolation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog is great, and i like your style! it is something i always wondered if i could do, make everything. I will be following this project as it continues...with extra attention to the footwear!

    ReplyDelete